Switch the touchpad, trackpoint, fingertouch, touchscreen or a pen device on and off easily from the top panel. Optionally, automatically disable some or all devices when a mouse is plugged in and re-enable them when unplugged.
From GNOME Shell Extension Website
- Visit https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/131/touchpad-indicator/ in Firefox browser.
- Click on the switch at left side to toggle it from OFF to ON.
- Accept any installation prompts.
Open a terminal and run:
git clone --depth=1 "https://github.com/user501254/TouchpadIndicator.git"; rm -rf TouchpadIndicator/.git rm -rf ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/touchpad-indicator@orangeshirt mv TouchpadIndicator/ ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/touchpad-indicator@orangeshirt
Restart GNOME Shell by pressing
Enable the extension in gnome-tweak-tool.
- This repository is a based on the now out of date gnome-shell-extension-touchpad-indicator by orangeshirt.
- This repository exists only so that user contributions can be actively merged on to GNOME Shell Extension Website.
- You can help by reporting Issues and submitting Pull Requests for new features, bug fixes and localization(which is highly incomplete).
Touchpad Indicator GNOME Shell Extension is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPL-2.0).
Summary (from http://oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/gpl):
- copy and distribute the program’s unmodified source code (Section 1)
- modify the program’s source code and distribute the modified source (Section 2)
- distribute compiled versions of the program, both modified and unmodified (Section 3) provided that:
- all distributed copies (modified or not) carry a copyright notice and exclusion of warranty (Section 1 and 2)
- all modified copies are distributed under the GPL v2 (Section 2)
- all compiled versions of the program are accompanied by the relevant source code, or a viable offer to make the relevant source code available (Section 3)